OKFest Evening Events + Drinks!
Like many parts of OKFestival, evening events have been crowdsourced and in many cases organised by participants themselves! You can see the various #OKFest events, meetups and tours as they are being formulated (and add your own!) Group Planning Etherpad.
Evening Event Highlights:
- Tuesday night: OKFestival Welcome Reception @ the INSPIRE atrium in the festival venue. All OKFest participants invited. Food + drink served; Come and meet your fellow OKFest campers and the OKFestival organising teams!
- Wednesday night: Proactum Meetup for “Open Source-minded People” (RSVP required – almost full!); a series of Thematic Dinners organised by Topic Stream Planners, from Open Design to Open Development to ‘GeoGlobal Domination’ (RSVP also required)!
- Thursday night:Open Design + Hardware makers meet local Helsinki Maker folk (an Alternative Design Capital event); the Open Data Prom!
- Friday night:Open Sauna Initiative (Luxuriate in normally-closed company saunas around Helsinki – first time this has ever happened!)
The Late-Night #OKFest Hangout Street
For a place to hang out on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday after dinners / saunas, a great place to meet is Iso Roobertinkatu, a short walking street that has many bars. Volunteers have put together a Google Map with most bar locations on it for your reference. If you want to edit this map, contact @flyingzumwalt on twitter!
- Black Door (Iso-Roobertinkatu 1): English-style pub
- Llamas (Iso-Roobertinkatu 14): Latin American-themed bar
- Swengi< (Iso-Roobertinkatu 10): Karaoke joint
- The Stage – Rock bar (Iso-Roobertinkatu 13): Rock/heavy bar
- We Got Beef (Iso-Roobertinkatu 21): Bar, DJ & dancefloor
- IsoRoba 10 (Iso-Roobertinkatu 10): Small & cozy
- Suola (Annankatu 6): Bar & Restaurant
- William K. (Annankatu 3): Beer House